mardi 1 janvier 2013

THE NEW COVENANT and the REAL CHANGE


The « Brit Chadasha », the New Covenant and the real change
Daniel ben Ya’acov

In this documents I want to approach what many are speaking from: The New Covenant.
But what is the New covenant or Brit Chadasha in Hebrew, and how it apply in our life today?

First it must be said, that many misunderstand the New Covenant and try to build a kind of covenant based on false deduction and lack of understanding of the TaNaHk (O.T.).

Often, I say that majority of leaders, elders, pastors, rabbis, want to make a simple “copy paste” and apply it to our days. Is that really what we should do? We will see that it is far from this concept.
Too many times we see some brothers overruling others and put them under their control. I gave seen one Leader forbidding others in his Assembly to baptize: Him alone was to baptize the new comers! Is that what we learn in the scriptures or is it “imported” from Christian concept.
Please be ready, you might not agree with me, read till the end before bringing your judgment.
Many will not like my view but I will just say what kefa/Peter says:
Act 5:29  And Kĕpha and the other emissaries answering, said, “We have to obey Elohim rather than men.
Jer 31:31  “See, the days are coming,” declares יהוה, “when I shall make a new covenant with the house of Yisra’ĕl and with the house of Yehuḏah,
Jer 31:32  not like the covenant I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Mitsrayim, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them,” declares יהוה.
Jer 31:33  “For this is the covenant I shall make with the house of Yisra’ĕl after those days, declares יהוה: I shall put My Torah in their inward parts, and write it on their hearts. And I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people.
Jer 31:34  “And no longer shall they teach, each one his neighbour, and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know יהוה,’ for they shall all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares יהוה. “For I shall forgive their crookedness, and remember their sin no more.”  

According to the New Testament we see the New Covenant established by Yehoshua:
Mat 26:27  And taking the cup, and giving thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you.
Mat 26:28  “For this is My blood, that of the renewed covenant, which is shed for many for the forgiveness of sins.

From this time on a New Covenant was established.
The term “new” in Hebrew comes from the word “chadash” which mean “new in the sense of repaired”, and not new as it has never been before.
The prophet Yrmeyahu (Jeremiah) foretold the coming of a new covenant with specific effect on the believers. We are going to look at it in details later, but let me expound what I call the “mistake” of many today.
All around the world we see assemblies, with elders, rabbis, pastors, forcing their own view on others, and worse, to put them under obligation to follow their rules. No Yehowah rules, but their rules. Some go so far to tell the believers that they had  God’ revelation and commanded by Elohim to do so! Humm, we will test and see if it is really Elohim’s will and try to understand if there are discrepancy. You will agree with me that if one is wrong, it is not Yehowah!

We see in the New Testament, Yehoshua commanding His apostles to be witness everywhere:
Act 1:8  “But you shall receive power when the Set-apart Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Yerushalayim, and in all Yehuḏah and Shomeron, and to the end of the earth.”
Some take verses out of the New Testament and “copy paste” in their own ways:
Tit 1:4  to Titus, a genuine child according to our common belief: Favour, compassion, peace from Elohim the Father and the Master
יהושע Messiah our Saviour.
Tit 1:5  The reason I left you in Crete was that you should straighten out what was left undone, and appoint elders in every city as I commanded you:

- “To appoint elders in every city”


Act 15:21  “For from ancient generations Mosheh has, in every city, those proclaiming him – being read in the congregations every Sabbath.”
Act 15:22  Then it seemed good to the emissaries and elders, with all the assembly, to send chosen men from among them to Antioch with Sha’ul and Barnaḇah: Yehuḏah being called Barsabba, and Sila, leading men among the brothers,
Act 15:23  having written by their hand this: The emissaries and the elders and the brothers, To the brothers who are of the gentiles in Antioch, and Syria, and Kilikia:
-“ being read in the congregations every Sabbath.”
1Ti 1:2  to Timothy, a genuine child in the belief: Favour, compassion, peace from Elohim our Father and יהושע Messiah our Master.
1Ti 1:3  As I appealed to you when I went into Makedonia, to remain in Ephesos, in order to command some not to teach differently,

Eph 4:11  And He Himself gave some as emissaries, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as shepherds and teachers
Eph 4:12  for the perfecting of the set-apart ones, to the work of service to a building up of the body of the Messiah,
Eph 4:13  until we all come to the unity of the belief and of the knowledge of the Son of Elohim, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the completeness of Messiah,
Eph 4:14  so that we should no longer be children, tossed and borne about by every wind of teaching, by the trickery of men, in cleverness, unto the craftiness of leading astray

And there are many dozen other verses to inforce a “new concept” of leadership.
Is that what Yehowah want for us today or was it for just a period of time in the first century?

Let us see what Sha’ul write to the Bereans (Hebrew):

Heb 8:10  “Because this is the covenant that I shall make with the house of Yisra’ĕl after those days, says יהוה, giving My laws in their mind, and I shall write them on their hearts, and I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people.
Heb 8:11  “And they shall by no means teach each one his neighbour, and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know יהוה,’ because they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.
Heb 8:12  “Because I shall forgive their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawlessnesses I shall no longer remember.”
Heb 8:13  By saying, ‘renewed,’ He has made the first old. Now what becomes old and growing aged is near disappearing.

Here we need to fix our eyes on:

-“ growing aged is near disappearing”
The all chapter is about the first covenant especially the Levitical priesthood which now, at the time Sha’ul is writing, is about “growing aged is near disappearing”.
Meaning that it was not fully done away but was in a stage of change.
I pretend that what we read in the New Testament concerning the Assemblies, was necessary to establish the “New Covenant” that is Mashiach Yehoshua, but not for today.
Let us examine carefully what Yehowah foretold, by the mouth of the prophet Yrmayahu (Jeremiah):
Jer 31:31  “See, the days are coming,” declares יהוה, “when I shall make a new covenant with the house of Yisra’ĕl and with the house of Yehuḏah,
Jer 31:32  not like the covenant I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Mitsrayim, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them,” declares יהוה.
Jer 31:33  “For this is the covenant I shall make with the house of Yisra’ĕl after those days, declares יהוה: I shall put My Torah in their inward parts, and write it on their hearts. And I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people.
Jer 31:34  “And no longer shall they teach, each one his neighbour, and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know יהוה,’ for they shall all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares יהוה. “For I shall forgive their crookedness, and remember their sin no more.”  
1) I shall make a new covenant with the house of Yisra’ĕl and with the house of Yehuḏah,
2) not like the covenant I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Mitsrayim
3) I shall put My Torah in their inward parts, and write it on their hearts.
4) no longer shall they teach, each one his neighbour, and each one his brother,

These are the four mean point of Yrmeayahu (Jeremiah) words announcing the “New Covenant”.
This Covenant is different from the one Yehowah did with our forefathers which came out of Egypt (Mitzrayim).
The difference been that:
- Yehowah will put His Torah in every believers’ heart.
-  no longer shall they teach, each one his neighbour, and each one his brother,
Are you not surprised to read that we don’t need our neighbor or brother to teach one another?
How come then that so many want the position of pastor, elder, rabbi, or bishop, whatever name they like.
I was one day asking a leader who appointed him to lead the assembly? He reply that it was elder so and so! I asked again: ”who appointed elder so and so”, it seems my question disturbed him. I didn’t insist, but I want to point out something, at least in the first century:
-   Who appointed the Apostles? Was it not Yehoshua?
-      Who appointed the disciples? Was it not the apostles?
Even Sha’ul went to the apostles to lose a problem:
Act 15:1  And certain men came down from Yehuḏah and were teaching the brothers, “Unless you are circumcised, according to the practice of Mosheh, you are unable to be saved.”
Act 15:2  So when Sha’ul and Barnaḇah had no small dissension and dispute with them, they arranged for Sha’ul and Barnaḇah and certain others of them to go up to Yerushalayim, to the emissaries and elders, about this question.
Sha’ul/Paul didn’t decided on his own but went to the pillars in Jerusalem.

In the first century all apostles were eye witness from Yehoshua the Prophet like Moshe who came to renew the Covenant with Yehowah.
Sha’ul/Paul met Yehoshua in a vision.
I will not goes on to expound on the so called “church father” whom I consider not real messengers of the Truth.
Please let me know today who has appointed if you have one, your pastor, your elder, your rabbi, or whatever name he took? Have you ever think about that?
Did one of them came to you and said: “Yehowah came to me last night in a visions saying……..)
I know  this only from Christianity who none of their leaders are able to discern.
I have put some questions before our eyes, let us now see what Yehowah expected at first when he brought our forefathers, the children of Ysrael out of Egypt (Mitzaryim):
Exo 19:1  In the third month after the children of Yisra’ĕl had come out of the land of Mitsrayim, on this day they came to the Wilderness of Sinai.
Exo 19:2  For they set out from Rephiḏim, and had come to the Wilderness of Sinai, and camped in the wilderness. So Yisra’ĕl camped there before the mountain.
Exo 19:3  And Mosheh went up to Elohim, and יהוה called to him from the mountain, saying, “This is what you are to say to the house of Yaʽaqoḇ, and declare to the children of Yisra’ĕl:
Exo 19:4  ‘You have seen what I did to the Mitsrites, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to Myself.
Exo 19:5  ‘And now, if you diligently obey My voice, and shall guard My covenant, then you shall be My treasured possession above all the peoples – for all the earth is Mine –
Exo 19:6  ‘and you shall be to Me a reign of priests and a set-apart nation.’ Those are the words which you are to speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl.”
Here we see a Covenant offer from Yehowah under condition:
“if you diligently obey My voice, and shall guard My covenant,”
The result would be:
“you shall be to Me a reign of priests and a set-apart nation”
This was the Covenant Yehowah intended to make with our forefathers and which Yehoshua Renewed in his blood:
Mat 26:28  “For this is My blood, that of the renewed covenant, which is shed for many for the forgiveness of sins.
And confirmed by Sha’ul:
Rom 11:27  and this is My covenant with them, when I take away their sins.”
1Pe 2:9  But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a set-apart nation, a people for a possession, that you should proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvellous light,
1Pe 2:10  who once were not a people, but now the people of Elohim; who had not obtained compassion, but now obtained compassion.
Kefa/Peter quoted from the Torah
Exo 19:5  ‘And now, if you diligently obey My voice, and shall guard My covenant, then you shall be My treasured possession above all the peoples – for all the earth is Mine –
Exo 19:6  ‘and you shall be to Me a reign of priests and a set-apart nation.’ Those are the words which you are to speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl.”
The conditions are:
-        To obey the voice of  Yehowah
-        To guard the Covenant
What happen with our forefathers after having heard the offer of the Covenant by the mouth of Moshe?
They assembled themselves at the foot of Mount Sinai and say:
Exo 19:8  And all the people answered together and said, “All that יהוה has spoken we shall do.” So Mosheh brought back the words of the people to יהוה.
They confirm that they will do what Yehowah has spoken! Humm soon a change will take place which will bring the difference between the first and the renew Covenant:
After having heard the Ten commandments:
Exo 20:18  And all the people saw the thunders, the lightning flashes, the sound of the ram’s horn, and the mountain smoking. And the people saw it, and they trembled and stood at a distance,
Exo 20:19  and said to Mosheh, “You speak with us and we hear, but let not Elohim speak with us, lest we die.”
They simply refused to listen anymore to Yehowah, and told Moshe that he is to speak but not Elohim!
Today if we refuse to listen to Yehowah and prefer to go to the pastor, elder, rabbi, or whatever the brother is called, we simply go back to Mount SIani and say to Yehowah:” I will listen to my pastor, rabbi, elder, but not to you!

Do you see that:
Jer 31:31  “See, the days are coming,” declares יהוה, “when I shall make a new covenant with the house of Yisra’ĕl and with the house of Yehuḏah,
Jer 31:32  not like the covenant I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Mitsrayim, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them,” declares יהוה.
Jer 31:33  “For this is the covenant I shall make with the house of Yisra’ĕl after those days, declares יהוה: I shall put My Torah in their inward parts, and write it on their hearts. And I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people.
Jer 31:34  “And no longer shall they teach, each one his neighbour, and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know יהוה,’ for they shall all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares יהוה. “For I shall forgive their crookedness, and remember their sin no more.”  
Yehoshua introduce the New Covenant before his ascension to the Father:

Joh 14:16  “And I shall ask the Father, and He shall give you another Helper, to stay with you forever –
Joh 14:17  the Spirit of the Truth, whom the world is unable to receive, because it does not see Him or know Him. But you know Him, for He stays with you and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18  “I shall not leave you orphans – I am coming to you.
Joh 14:19  “Yet a little while, and the world no longer sees Me, but you shall see Me, because I live, and you shall live.
Joh 14:20  “In that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.
Joh 14:21  “He who possesses My commands and guards them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and manifest Myself to him.”

What is going on here, Yehoshua introduce the Renew Covenant to his disciples and how it will work:
Joh 14:16  “And I shall ask the Father, and He shall give you another Helper, to stay with you forever –
Joh 14:17  the Spirit of the Truth,
The Helper, the Spirit of truth is the Ruach HaQodesh (Set apart Spirit)

oh 14:25  “These Words I have spoken to you while still with you.
Joh 14:26  “But the Helper, the Set-apart Spirit, whom the Father shall send in My Name, He shall teach you all, and remind you of all that I said to you.
Joh 14:27  “Peace I leave with you – My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Joh 14:28  “You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming to you.’ If you did love Me, you would have rejoiced that I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.
Joh 14:29  “And now I have told you before it takes place, that when it does take place, you shall believe.
Joh 14:30  “I shall no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming,1 and he possesses none at all in Me,

Yehoshua make it clear saying: “I have told you before it takes place”

Later he confirm the role of the Ruach HaQodesh (Set Apart Spirit):

Joh 16:13  “But when He comes, the Spirit of the Truth, He shall guide you into all the truth. For He shall not speak from Himself, but whatever He hears He shall speak, and He shall announce to you what is to come.
Joh 16:14  “He shall esteem Me, for He (the Ruach HaQodesh) shall take of what is Mine and announce it to you.
Joh 16:15  “All that the Father has is Mine. That is why I said that He (The Ruach HaQodesh) takes from what is Mine and announces it to you.

Today the teacher is the Ruach HaQodesh in every believers life, and it takes time to be able to hear the small voice and follow the leadership of his voice.
Jer 31:34  “And no longer shall they teach, each one his neighbour, and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know יהוה,’ for they shall all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares יהוה.

If we chose to go to an Assembly to be fed by somebody instead to listen to the voice of the Ruach HaQodesh (Set Apart Spirit), we simply say to Yehowah: “ let me hear to somebody, but not to you Yehowah, because I am afraid of you”.
I may say: “ yes brother but it’s nice to have fellowship and share with others”. Yes! I agree, it’s nice and good and we should do as often as possible, but NOT to have dominion or control over somebody life, to manipulate his will and understanding. Our life is a long journey, we need to edify others, to help others, to encourage others, even to rebuke or correct but NOT to rule them.
Pro 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens his friend's face.
We have an Assembly in the House when we come to the Philippines, and I share with those who come, what I have learned or discovered in my study, but never with the intention to become their leader, rabbi, or elder, they belong to Mashiach Yehoshua.
Mat 23:8  “But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi,’ for One is your Teacher, the Messiah, and you are all brothers.
Mat 23:9  “And do not call anyone on earth your father, for One is your Father, He who is in the heavens.
Mat 23:10  “Neither be called leaders, for One is your Leader, the Messiah.

Messiah is our leader!
Col 1:27 to whom Yehowah willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the nations, which is Messiah in you, the hope of glory;
-        Messiah in you’re the Hope of glory!
What than to do?
-        Study the Torah during Shabbat in the family or with other in your house or the house of a friend
-        Pray to Yehowah for the right understanding and revelation knowledge
-        Meditate on what you have study during the Shabbat
-        Trust Yehowah to help you by His Ruach which is “Mashiach in you” to lead you and guide you in all truth:
Conclusion:
Joh 8:32 And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.



















Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

20 Parasha Tetzaveh - You shall command

  Parsha Tetzaveh -You shall command Sh’mot 27:20, 30:10 Yechezk’el 43:10-27 1 st Shmuel 15: 1-34, Mattityahu 5:14-16 ...